Sunday, January 15, 2017

2017-01-11 Firenze

(Note from Martha:  Jill did not send blog stuff last week, and not a blog specific email this week.  This is a portion of her email to us that she asked be put on the blog.)

Well, it was a LOT warmer in Genova and I didn't bring any real winter clothes bc I came here during the spring. So I had to go to h&m to buy three sweaters that will get me through January and February.

It's weird, it's cold but not THAT cold hahaha. Weird thinking about snow. Here it's just like cold but no snow. It could though. 

We also start having exchanges (scambi) today. I'm nervous...it's funny bc at the beginning of the mission I didn't want to train and just wanted to be an STL but now I don't want to be STL either lol I just want to be a normal missionary. I guess I better grow to love it because I'll probably be here for several months. 

Okay well we had a cool lesson with a boy that Sorella Garcia met before I got here but it was the first lesson. We taught about the restoration and he said he'd get baptized! We're really excited, he's super amazing. I have to say I love convert prayers more than anyone else's. We tell them prayer is a conversation with God. They have a conversation. It's so, so beautiful. You can put this on for my blog this week. I love you!! 

Firenze during saldi (look it up..? It's a big deal here) is literally what I've been waiting for for my whole mission. Firenze. Saldi. Everybody who loves clothes or shoes or bags dream. And everyone loves clothes or shoes or bags. So it's everyone's dream. πŸƒπŸ‚πŸ„πŸƒπŸ‚πŸ„πŸƒπŸ‚

Jill, in her happy place

Jill and Sorella Garcia









No comments:

Post a Comment