Wednesday, August 24, 2016

2016-08-24 Transfers

Transfer 5!! At the end of next transfer, I'm already halfway done!
Isn't that crazy? I still feel like a baby in this mission!

Especially because my new companion is in her 11/12 transfer. Almost
ready to die. She's from England and she's the bomb. Tiny. So short
haha. And super funny, I love her. Her name is sorella Barlow! We have
a few people we are working with and they all have great potential.
I've been in transfers where we are working with a billion people and
it feels like we're running up a hill of mud. That's really hard and
you feel helpless, like you want to help these people but you're
stretched too thin or you don't know how. Instead, we just have maybe
a fat handful of people were working with and almost all of them are
totally genuine and willing to work with us. It's just our job to
listen to the Spirit and in that way we won't mess up haha!

Well we said goodbye to anziano Gorton, purtroppo. We also got donated
a brake cord (for a bicycle) by a guy we met on the street who we later found out is
an ex-sniper and high-end construction worker (ex. The Shard, Holiday
Inn). When we asked him about his faith, he bore a fantastic testimony
of God and it was a moment in which I knew I was being taught. Thanks
to our fabulous Italian members, our investigator and her 7-year-old
daughter were able to come to our church for the first time! She loved
it! Without my suggestion at all, she asked me where the font was, how
to become a member of the church, and what happens after we are
baptized. We have taught her the first two lessons. Who knows, maybe
we'll make it to the fourth lesson, which is something I've almost
never done so far! We have faith. There's also another lady, American,
who's husband is less active but wants to come back. She's a heavy
smoker and likes church a lot. She suffered a mini-stroke two weeks
ago. She can't be more than 30. I worry about her and care so much
that even if she doesn't get baptized, if we could just help her stop
smoking then that would make me extremely happy for her. All-in-all
Pordenone is fantastic and I am very glad to be here still :)

(Mom's note:  Jill did not feel the earthquake that occurred in central Italy.  It had no effect in her area.)


Best District Picture Ever

Jill and Sorella Barlow

Anziano Young

Jill

Grotta Gigante

Jill and Sorella Barlow

Aniziani Young and Green

Anziano Young

No comments:

Post a Comment